Java, Maven, Jetty, Spring, SQL, Hibernate, Flyway, HTTP, Servlets, REST, CRUD, front-end, JUnit, tests, web application
What you’ll learn
Java – ambitious start. Create a real app! Course
- You’ll learn Jetty and Maven, which are very popular tools around Java
You’ll understand HTTP, REST and CRUD
Use an SQL database and the most famous ORM framework – Hibernate
- You’ll develop a little bit of front-end
- You’ll build an app in multitier (multilayered) architecture
- Write unit tests using JUnit
- You’ll start with Spring Framework
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Basics of Java
WARNING: all the course videos (8+ hours, which are already recorded) will be published by the end of April, 2019.
Yet another course about Java syntax and object-oriented programming? NOT EVEN A BIT! I assume you already know Java syntax, therefore I start with the most important tools for building real Java applications. Not Swing or an another unneeded thing.
I teach what I missed at the beginning of my professional career – how to configure the app, how to plug external libraries, how to run everything. I show Maven with Maven Central Repository, Jetty, HttpServlet, Spring and Hibernate.
Remember hard times figuring out what and where is hidden in the big codebase. I didn’t understand multitier architecture back then. Focus on it here as well as on REST and CRUD operations. I follow best practices and point out things from the software craftmanship, like SOLID.
I also know Java is not always the case. That’s why I also show some pieces of SQL and front-end worlds.
- Java developers who know Java basics
- Everyone who wants their first app
- Java developers who want to understand what’s going on on their projects