A course for complete beginners! Learn the skills you need to create your first simple website with HTML5!
What you’ll learn
It’s Not Magic! It’s HTML5 Course
- Working with code editors and browsers
Organizing your files
Using common html tags
- Working with text
- Utilizing lists
- Linking to other web pages with hyperlinks
- Laying out your content with tables
- Working with images
- Creating feedback forms
- Finding and fixing your mistakes
- Linking your pages
- Creating and reusing page templates
- Basic computer skills
- Internet access
- Access to a PC or Mac Computer
- Curiosity and desire to learn something new!
There are over 1.8 billion websites online!Web sites have become a fundamental part of our lives. HTML is the key language that drives the web.
By learning html, you’ll not only be developing highly valued and useful skills, you’ll also have fun … and learn quite a bit along the way!
Whether you’re taking up a new hobby, looking to create a website for your business, considering a change in career, or just want to learn something new, this course is a great starting point.
My name is Richard Hart and I’ll be your instructor for this course.
I’ve been teaching intro html and web development courses to people of all ages and backgrounds for over a decade. I have extensive industry experience in web and mobile application development.
I’ve spent a lot of time learning how to take complex things and make them easy for an average person to understand.
It’s important to make sure that this course is a good fit for you so I’d like to take the time to answer a few questions you may have.
I want to be clear that this is not a boot camp course that promises to teach you everything you need to know to become a working web developer.
What will this course cover?
We’ll be focused on learning basics of html and developing the skills you need to create simple webpages and websites.
This will give you the solid foundation you’ll need to move on to more advanced topics and courses.
It’s my goal with this course to show you that anyone who wants to learn the basics of html can, with a bit of time and effort and the help of this course.
Who this course is for:
- The course assumes no prior knowledge of html and is aimed at complete beginners.
- If you have previous html and web page development experience and are looking for something more advanced, this may not be the right course for you.
- Anyone with a curiosity and interest in learning to create web pages with HTML is welcome.